Monday, April 14, 2014

Life in the City

Family and Friends, 

My wonderful time on my beautiful island of Palawan has come to an end and I'm here in Manila, in Makati City!!!

It has been a little bit of culture shock all over again. There are buildings and cars everywhere! I think I actually might be in a different country. 

Sister Soifua is my companion! We are batch and flew over from the states to the MTC together. We were kind of nervous because we are both foreigners and have been in the field only 4 months. We are still baby missionaries! Haha but we are so excited our area is overflowing with people..and potential. 

We have a baptism this Saturday for Jennifer and guess what, just like my recent convert in Palawan she is dating a member from Utah. Which is super exciting because by the time we finish our missions she will be living there.. Maybe all my recent converts will just move to the states so we can have reunions always! 

Oh and on my last night in Palawan we stopped by Genie and Boboy's. Genie was so excited to tell us he has been off smoking and drinking for 3 days. It was the best farewell present ever. Before we left Genie was telling me how she was sad I was leaving because we have become such good friends and it felt like we had been friends for so much longer. I know for sure that is true, the Lord places people in our lives, friends from before this time to help and grow with here on earth. What an amazing thing! 

I've been trying to send pictures forever and can't get my usb to work..next time na lang (taglish there) 

So I have like 5 minutes left on the clock..more notes from Conference to follow next pday...

Pero ito isa lang talaga gusto ko galing sa sunday session

I loved President Monson's closing remarks.. 

"As we ponder the messages we have heard, may we resolve to do a little better than we have done in the past.  May we be kind and loving to those who do not share our beliefs and our standards.  The Savior brought to this earth a message of love and goodwill to all men and women.  May we ever follow His example." 

May we always be doing this
xoxo, Sister Mahe
#shoutouttosisterramsey

P.S 
Saying for the week is from the Puerto Princesa city slogan
"Hindi Bukas kundi ngayon"...."Not Tomorrow But TODAY!" 
Nice huh? 

No comments:

Post a Comment