Monday, May 12, 2014

#itwasmom

This was a busy and wonderful week! It started with zone meeting and then temple day and then a half day waiting at government offices to make sure my visa is set. All is well and life is oh so wonderful. 

It is still HOT..like all the time. If it were not for electric fans I'm not sure I would survive life here. But were about to be in rainy season so hopefully we get some wind. I'm also never sure how hot it actually is because everything is in Celsius. I should have payed more attention to that in classes. 

We were able to visit the Amper/ Soliestre family this week. They are all members except their father and the mother was less active for many many years until her kids started asking her about church. She said she wanted to return to the ways she had been raised so told her kids the next time they saw missionaries to stop them and bring them back to the house. So that is just what lucky did when he was 15 years old. And they have been active ever since. Lucky works with us when he can and his testimony is so amazing.He cant wait to go on a mission hopefully next year. He is such an example of hardwork as he works at McDonalds all day and then comes home and drives his dads trike because he has Parkinson and cant always work. Its inspiring really and just testifies to me that this gospel is true. In hard time and good times. IT IS TRUE. 

Rose and Edwin 
So they are GOLDEN and we just met them last week and had two lessons and they are already in the Book of Mormon and came to church on Sunday.Which was perfect because it was all about mothers and Rose loved it, especially when her two kids sang with the other primary children. We have been praying and praying for a family that is prepared to receive the gospel. And we are all pretty sure our prayers have been answered. 

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY! 
I am beyond grateful for the technology that allowed me to see the beautiful faces of my family..Oh how I have missed them! 
Mom you are the best. There is no denying that. All that is good about me I learned from you. Thank you for teaching me how to drive. Thank you for making summer fun and planning vacations. Thank you for cooking, because youre great at it. Thank you for teaching me to pray and helping me with homework. Thank you for teaching me to be kind, polite and respectful to other. To look both ways before I cross the street and table manners too. Thank you for teaching me to love other and myself. Thank you for teaching me to love God, Jesus Christ and His gospel. 

I am grateful for you mom, and I am grateful for the opportunity I have to share this gospel so that all mothers have to chance to receive the blessing of the gospel in their life for their families. 

"They had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them. And they reherased unto me the words of their mothers, saying: We do not doubt our mothers knew it." 

I like Helamans warriors have never doubted the testimony of my mother. Which allowed me to truly gain a testimony for myself as I walked in the path that my mother followed, which has always been a path of righteousness. 


Happy Mothers day today and everyday, 
Sister Mahe 

WATCH THIS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment