Monday, June 23, 2014

Days not to be forgotten

This week: 
So MTC splits was the coolest!!!! They are so sweet and full of excitement and they just love talking to everyone and using their Tagalog.I was like oh goodness this is what I should still be like. Everything is just exciting because its new, but shouldnt it always be. Me and Sister Cobing both agree we need to get back that new missionary fire. 
(Courtney, Nicole I we get to go when you get to the MTC) 

In the Philippines Manila mission, on Saturdays we have baptism. #itswhatwedo
And Meriden was BAPTIZED!!! Along with James who was taught by the Elders. 
So Bishop gave some amazing closing remarks, he drew resemblences from both Meriden and James
1. They have both been investigators for a long time, Meriden for about a year now she has been coming to church and just waiting for her father to be reactivated. James too who was suppose to be baptized last year and then the super typhoon came and he had to move. 
2. Neither of them had family members in attendance at the baptism. They came alone. But not really because with Christ we are never alone, and the ward was there and we really are just one big family. 
3. They are both young. Meriden 14 and James 18. They are still so young and yet they have chosen to make decisions in their lives now that will bless them eternally. They have chosen not to follow the crowd of what is popular but to be courageous and stand for whats right. 

Ahh it was just bliss, the world needs more Meriden and James. 

I've also been studying Elder Bednars talk "The Atonement" its insightful which is maybe why it took me all week to read. I love how he points out that the cleansing and healing power of the Atonement helps us go from bad to good people and the strengthening and enabling power allows us to go from good to better. 

I am so grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ that has allowed me to become and do more than I ever could have with my own abilities or strength.

"When I think of the future, I am overwhelmed with feelings of positive optimism.."
- President Boyd K. Packer

When I think of the future I too am filled with positive optimisim and hope, because of the Atonement and the gospel. Because with Christ our futures are oh so BRIGHT! (honestly the are seriously so bright, even if they seem dark or hard now..hold one for good things to come) 

As President Stucki always says, 
"Its not about where we are, but about where were going."

Hanggan sa susunod (until next time) 
Sister Mahe 



No comments:

Post a Comment