Sunday, February 2, 2014

THE CALL


Magandang Umaga Lahat

This week has been a little bit crazy over here. So here transfers are on Wednesday and no one in our house got a call from president stucki saying anyone would be leaving. It was Tuesday and we figured we were all safe since Im still in training. Then Sister Thompson got the call that she would be leaving Wednesday morning to be a Sister Training leader in metro manila! Which is awesome and she will be amazing! 

But then 10 seconds later we all just started crying. It was so unexpected and I have loved my time with Sister Thompson my mission mom and trainer! She is such a hard worker and lived by example. 
Things I learned from Sister T
-Sometimes its fun to talk in a British accent
-Dont ever give up on people
-Taco Bell should be universal
-Running is more fun when you run to the bakery
-Be happy and happiness will find you
-That I dont know how to cook, but a diet of eggs and oreos can be a balanced diet (right??) 
- And most importantly I learned to love being a missionary, to just go out and testify of the truth you know. Some will accept it, some wont. And some days it will be hard and awful, but mostly it will be wonderful and you always have the most important things with you if you have your testimony. 

I was also super nervous because I am horrible with directions and I would have to show someone else around our area. Haha so its kinda basically like shot gunning a new area..haha jk Im a little better than that. 

So Sister Slade from San Diego is my new follow up trainer and she is great too. We are still getting to know our area and meeting new people but the work has been great and people are super nice here. 

Funny moment of the week:
After Sister Thompson left during that day I was with Sister Limpin and Jones in their area and there is this one area where all the houses are on the ocean and to get out there you have to "walk the plank" cause literally there is two skinny planks of wood with no railing or anything and you just pray and walk out onto them. And it had been raining so it was super slippery. But we made it! Hahah we kept pretending like we were in a video game after each level...I think I get a gold star for dont falling in the water.

I know I am involved in the work of salvation and really its a work of happiness. We need not be shy or scared to share our testimonies with others. SERIOUSLY, people dont want to listen to us sometimes. But what does that even matter? We still have the gospel of Jesus Christ in our lives and all we really can do is invite. Just Open your mouth and let the Spirit guide the rest. 

I hope you all are well and happy! 

Sister Mahe

No comments:

Post a Comment